Rather than viewing a bike sale as a one off transaction, we see it as the beginning of a long-lasting relationship between us and you.
Bikes need ongoing maintenance and often repairs, you need peace of mind that your local shop understands your needs, knows your bike and has your best interests at heart. That’s what we’re here for!
We have a shop front, free parking, friendly and knowledgeable staff that are trained, experienced and passionate about keeping your wheels rolling.
The story of KB Cycles begins back in 1985 with KB Autoparts being the Huffy BMX agent for the Newcastle area. KB Cycles was officially established in 2006 as a small specialist cycle store and has grown year on year to become one of the largest cycle stores in the Newcastle area with a constant display of over 300 bikes in-store.
We have full service and workshop facilities together with trained and knowledgeable staff on-hand to provide help and advice whenever it is needed.
KB Cycles works closely with both customers and suppliers to ensure we are able to deliver the very best products at simply unbeatable prices but with service to match!
We stock major brands including Trek, Scott and Dawes with clothing and accessories from Mavic, Zipp, Shimano, Sram, Campagnolo, Tacx, Thule, Hope, Renthal, MRP, Syncros, Bontrager, Endura and Funkier.
Standard service to expect when buying a new bike from KB Cycles:
- We listen to you Assess your cycling needs and advise accordingly.
- Riding the correct size bike is vital and we take it seriously, we have most sizes assembled on the shop floor ready for you to be sized up. We consult manufacturers sizing charts, use our extensive knowledge and consider your input when trying to find the perfect fit. Our MTBs and hybrids are usually available from XS to XXL and road bikes from 45cm to 64cm. There is no excuse for a compromise on fit. We guarantee that you will get the correct size bike for your height, also taking into account individual proportions etc.
- We will fit you to your new bike Setting saddle height/position and we will set your handlebars so that you are safe and comfortable. For mountain bikes, we will set your suspension up for your weight and riding style.
- A six week check or ‘first service’ is offered as an industry standard. We assemble all bikes so that they are ready to ride. Cables are pre-stretched, each bike is double checked and signed off before going out and therefore a service after six weeks is often not necessary. We will allow up to three months for you to redeem your first free service.
- Any warranty claims on goods purchased from ourselves will be treated with the highest priority. We understand how disappointing it is to have your bike off the road and we will do our utmost to get you back on the road as fast as possible.